Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC)
Under the Aviation Transport Security Act and Regulations, you must have an operational need to be airside at BIA. If you require unescorted access airside at BIA you must comply with the requirements for a background check as per the regulations and must be wearing a valid ASIC.
BIA can only issue “BME” only ASICs.
Applying for a New or Renewal ASIC:
Broome International Airport is an ASIC Issuing Body, and to apply for an ASIC card through BIA you will need to do the following:
- Print an ASIC Application Form
- Read the AusCheck Privacy Notice
- Payment of $270.00 (inclusive of GST) is required at the time of application.
- Please provide your original identification documents at the time of submitting your application. This must be sighted by BIA staff at Broome International Airport. See the application form for the forms of ID documentation that are acceptable.
- Apply in person to the Administration Office at Broome International Airport during office hours only.
- Please allow up to 4 weeks to receive your ASIC from submission of your application.
Please Note: BIA is not responsible for the time taken to complete your checks as outlined in the application form.
Changes to the Aviation Transport Security Act and Regulations will only allow the issue of a BIA VIC for a maximum of 28 days in any 12 month period.
If you do not have a valid ASIC after this time, you will be denied entry to Airside at BIA.
If you have been issued a VIC;
you must be accompanied by a valid ASIC holder at all times.
The ASIC holder will be held accountable for the VIC.
- Severe penalties may apply.
Applicants for a new or renewal ASIC must attend a BIA Induction, prior to the issue of your ASIC, which are held every 2nd Thursday. Please contact BIA Administration for Bookings on 08 9194 0600